Title: CNC Lead Machinist – Mill
Reports to: Plant Manager
For nearly 50 years Grand Traverse Machine has been an industry leader in the manufacturing of a wide variety of precision-machined components. Our capabilities include: complete cylinders, heads, caps, bearings, hardened and ground pistons, flanges and mountings. Grand Traverse Machine is continually improving its business and production systems to grow with our customer’s needs and expectations for quality, delivery and adding value to their products. Established in 1966 Grand Traverse Machine is located in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan. The area provides individuals and families outstanding quality of life and limitless recreational opportunities.
We are seeking a CNC Lead Machinist for our milling area. This position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the area deliverables on a day to day basis, as well as set-up and production duties required to meet those deliverables. The ideal candidate will be a high energy individual with a strong background in CNC machining in a job shop environment. Key to success will be the development of area personnel and continuous improvement activities.
What we offer for this position:
– Very competitive compensation package
– Health Benefits
- 10+ years experience as a CNC Milling Machinist. Other complementary background skills are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of metal cutting tools, holders, fixtures, workholding and various (non-exotic and exotic) materials.
- Machining experience in job shop environment
- Strong knowledge of precision measuring instruments including CMM.
- Ability and willingness to provide technical assistance to machining areas including: quoting, routing, tool applications, problem solving, tooling control
- Self-discipline & time management skills to work in a flexible structure
- Working knowledge of quality systems and quality metrics.
- Ingrained values of honesty, integrity and hard work
Knowledge & Experience:
- Associates degree or demonstrated accomplishments in lieu of (required)
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with contract machining of similar size and industry
- Programming experience (desired)