Title: CNC Programmer – Mill/Lathe
Reports to: Engineering Services Manager
For nearly 50 years Grand Traverse Machine has been an industry leader in the manufacturing of a wide variety of precision-machined components. Our capabilities include: complete cylinders, heads, caps, bearings, hardened and ground pistons, flanges and mountings. Grand Traverse Machine is continually improving its business and production systems to grow with our customer’s needs and expectations for quality, delivery and adding value to their products. Established in 1966 Grand Traverse Machine is located in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan. The area provides individuals and families outstanding quality of life and limitless recreational opportunities.
We are seeking a CNC programmer to take over responsibility for all programming functions using our current GibbsCam software. This position will report to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for both turning and milling applications. The ideal candidate will be a high energy individual with a strong background in both machining and programming. This is a new position and the successful candidate will be responsible for shaping the future direction and expanding the processing function.
What we offer for this position:
– Very competitive compensation package
– Health Benefits
– Flexible work schedule
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a CNC Programmer with strong background in Milling applications and complementary background in turning applications.
- Strong knowledge of metal cutting tools, holders, fixtures, workholding and various (non-exotic and exotic) materials.
- Machining experience in job shop environment
- Strong knowledge of precision measuring instruments including CMM.
- Ability and willingness to provide technical assistance to machining areas including: routing, tool applications, problem solving, tooling control
- Self-discipline & time management skills to work in a flexible structure
- Working knowledge of quality systems and quality metrics.
- Ingrained values of honesty, integrity and hard work