For over 50 years, Grand Traverse Machine has been an industry leader in the manufacturing of a wide variety of precision-machined components. As we continue the journey, we are seeking an individual to fill an open position.
Hydraulic Cylinder Assembler– 1st Shift (wage range: $12 – $16/hr, based on experience)
This is a labor intensive position building complete hydraulic cylinders from finished components, using hand and power tools. The Hydraulic Cylinder Assembler will be responsible for assembling all rod components (Rods, Pistons, Glands, Seals, Wipers, etc.) to create a completed Rod Assembly. Inserting a completed Rod Assembly into a completed Tube Assembly and properly torquing and securing all End Caps to create a finished cylinder. Once assembled, the Hydraulic Cylinder Assembler will be responsible for properly testing the finished hydraulic cylinder to assure quality and proper function.
Required/Preferred experience and skills
- Must be detailed oriented, with the ability to read and follow engineering blueprints and process instructions with limited training.
- Ability to use precision measuring and gauging equipment with limited training.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proven, strong work history/ethics and attendance record.
- Assembly experience is a plus.
- Health Benefits
- Paid Vacation & Holidays