For over 50 years, Grand Traverse Machine has been an industry leader in the manufacturing of a wide variety of precision-machined components. As we continue the journey, we are seeking an individual to join our team in the Welding Department.
The current opening is for a MIG Welder on our 1st Shift . Duties will include high volume MIG welding on a rotary turn table as well as manual MIG welding on a fixed table, for lower volume jobs.
Required welding experience and skills:
- GTM only employs those who are legally authorized to work in the US.
- All candidates must have a strong work history with proven ethical behavior and a clean attendance record.
- Successful applicants must be detail oriented, ambitious and self-motivated.
- All candidates must have the ability to read engineering prints, know welding symbols, and be able to follow detailed process instructions.
- All candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of MIG welding experience with a proven history of quality and efficiency in a medium to high production environment.
- All candidates must have the ability to use precision measuring equipment and the ability to do their own quality control checks, including weld etch testing. Quality is critical, as all welds must be proven to be suitable for high pressure cylinders.
- Required Certifications for metal core and hard wire welding: Fillet Joint Certification, J Groove Certification. If necessary, certification training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Any offer of employment is contingent upon a background check and drug screen.
– Those that join Grand Traverse Machine can take advantage of an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Profit Sharing