Title: Production Operations Manager
Reports to: President
For nearly 50 years, Grand Traverse Machine has been an industry leader in the manufacturing of a wide variety of precision-machined components. We are seeking a Production Operations Manager to oversee and drive daily operations and continuous improvement in a high-mix, low-med volume environment.
- This position leads the entire production of the facility on three shifts and reports to the President.
- This role will demonstrate accountability for all business deliverables and metrics.
- Working with all of the functions of the business this position will provide the key leadership role including recruiting and development of team members.
- The ideal candidate will be a high energy individual with a strong background in CNC machining in a contract manufacturing / job shop environment.
- Keys to success will be: 1.) Continued development of LEAN operating practices. 2.) Personnel development 3.) Planning & driving continuous improvement.
- GTM will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the US for this opening. Any offer of employment is contingent upon a background check and drug screen.
- 5+ years experience in production leadership. Strong preference for machining operations background. Other complementary background skills (quality, materials mgt, engineering, etc) are a plus.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills on the shop floor. Ability to solve production and personnel issues to the benefit of the company and team members.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Knowledge of recruitment and staffing practices.
- Machining experience in job shop environment.
- Strong knowledge of precision measuring instruments including CMM.
- Working knowledge of ISO quality systems and quality metrics.
- Demonstrated and Ingrained values of honesty, integrity and hard work
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachalors Degree or Associates Degree with exceptional work experience.
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience
- Background in CNC machining in a job shop environment (preferred)
What we offer for this position:
- Very competitive compensation package (base + bonus) Open – depending on background/experience.
- Health Benefits